Over 50 Years of Making Democracy Work in Ozaukee County
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging the informed and active participation of citizens in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
WHAT IS THE STATE OF K-12 EDUCATION IN WISCONSIN
Presentation by Alan Borsuk, Education Columnist for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and Senior Fellow in Law and Public Policy at Marquette University.
Issues to be covered:
-What is happening to funding in K-12 education?
-How does education differ now from a generation ago?
-What is working or not working in the world of school choice?
Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 7:00-8:00 p.m., Cedarburg Cultural Center, W62N54 Washington Ave, Cedarburg
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members
LWV-Ozaukee Officers and Directors Learn More
- Who are the officers and board directors of the League?
Local Studies Learn More
- Local study meetings provide an opportunity for the League to study national, state and local issues. Materials are provided for study, the issue is discussed, and the League comes to a concensus on the issue.
Elections Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? What did candidates promise in the last election? How to register to vote? ...and more
Candidate Forums Learn More
- The League of Women Voters of Ozaukee County will organize and conduct candidate forums upon request of individuals and groups in the county. Contact: email@example.com
Lake Michigan League of Women Voters Learn More
- We advocate for the preservation and restoration of the Great Lakes.
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Web Links Learn More
- Check the additional weblinks for other Internet sites to explore.